One never knows what life will bring. A careless act from another can take you from a state of complete carefree health to debilitating injury in an instant. Injuries caused by others can completely change your life. They may diminish your earning capacity, remove your ability to engage in activities that bring you joy and require you to cope with pain. Your family may suffer as a result of your altered life. After you’ve been injured you would like to have your lives return to what it was before. Hopefully, you will return to previous health or even better. However, many times the road back to normalcy is long and hard and healing may be incomplete.
In addition, sometimes those who are at fault don’t want to accept responsibility or pay for the damage they have caused. When you are injured due to the fault of another, you need help. You need someone to be your voice to make sure you are not ignored or minimized. You deserve to be compensated for your losses and to have whatever assistance you need to get back to normal life as soon as possible.
In these cases, Murdoch Law Office will be the help you need. We will be your advocate to help you recover what you deserve when you have been injured because of another. This will take work and we will be with you throughout the process, advising you, understanding you and working to ensure that you are taken care of and your rights are protected. We will be committed to your best outcome.
If you are injured in an accident there are steps you can take that will protect your rights and help you as you seek compensation for your injuries.
- Document how the accident happened; if possible, take photographs of the accident scene before it gets cleaned up. Also take photos of the damage to any property, and the injuries you suffer as a result of the accident.
- If possible, obtain the names and contact information for any first responders involved in responding to the scene of the accident and also witnesses that were there. Ask first responders how you can receive any reports prepared relating to the incident.
- Obtain insurance information from other party.
- Document any treatment you receive for your injuries. Keep track of medications you’re given and all bills for any services provided.
- Keep track of the name and contact information of any medical service providers or those who repair any damaged property.
- Contact your insurer as soon as possible and report the accident to them.
- Beware that the other party’s insurance may have an adjuster contact you to investigate. Before you agree to speak to them, speak with your own attorney as soon as possible after the accident.
If you have been injured due to the fault of another, please contact Murdoch Law Office and let us help you.