Copyright 2021 murdochlaw .
All Rights Reserved.

9:00am - 5:00pm

Our Opening Hours Mon. - Fri.

Call To Schedule A Consultation


Immigration law

Get the support you need to pursue your dreams in the United States

Immigration Content

At Murdoch Law Office we have over two decades of experience working with immigration matters. Immigration can be a tricky, convoluted process. Trying to go it alone can be daunting. Here are some scenarios where we can help.

Family Based Immigration

Many people come to the United States to find a new life and wish to share their new life with their family. They desire to have them here as they create a new future. If you are a Citizen of the United States or a Lawful Permanent Resident, you can bring family members here to join you. At Murdoch Law Office, we can help unite your family by assisting them obtain a visa to come to the United States legally.

Adjustment of Status and Consular Processing

Once a person is approved to become a Lawful Permanent Resident, the question arises: Where do I get the visa? Do I have to leave the United States or do I obtain it here? We can help you determine which avenue is going to work for your case.

If you qualify to obtain your visa here in the United States, then the process you will go through is called “Adjustment of Status”. This process is the least problematic way of obtaining your visa because it is more streamlined and does not carry the risks associated with having to travel outside the United States to obtain your visa. Not everyone qualifies for “Adjustment of Status”. We can determine whether you qualify for it and if so, help you through the process.

If you do not qualify for “Adjustment of Status” then you must obtain your visa outside of the United States through a process called “Consular Processing”. This process is more lengthy and carries more risk than “Adjustment of Status”. We can help you evaluate and mitigate the associated risks and represent you through this process as well.

Citizenship Applications

If you are a Lawful Permanent Resident, you may want to consider becoming a U.S. Citizen. There are many advantages to Citizenship. As a U.S. Citizen, you cannot be deported, you can obtain a U.S. passport which facilitates travel worldwide, you can remain outside the U.S. indefinitely without losing your status, you may qualify for certain jobs, grants and scholarships, you can pass on U.S. Citizenship to children who are currently Lawful Permanent Residents, you can petition for more types of family members to become Lawful Permanent Residents with typically shorter wait times and more. If you would like to become a U.S. Citizen, we can help you.

Deportation Defense

There are times when the immigration service wants to deport people, whether they are in the United States legally or not. People who are in the U.S. illegally can be deported just because they are here without permission. But even those people who are here legally can be deported if they are found guilty of committing certain crimes or engaging in activities that violate the terms of their visa. The effect of a deportation may be devastating, ranging from inconvenience at having to leave the United States and return later to being prohibited from ever returning. In deportation proceedings, you have rights that you may not be aware of and may even qualify to become a Lawful Permanent Resident. With the help of a skilled attorney, you may be able to alter the outcome of the matter so that you avoid deportation entirely or to set things up so that it will be easier to return if you must leave. If the immigration service wants to deport you or a loved one, contact Murdoch Law Office to see how we can help.

Fiance Visas

If you have married or desire to marry a citizen of another country who is not here, you can bring them here with a Fiance Visa to get married or if you’re already married to be with you as you apply for their Permanent Residency visa. At Murdoch Law Office, we can represent you in this process.

Employment Visas

If you are seeking to hire workers who do not currently have authorization to work in the United States, we can help. There are different types of employment visas that allow employers to hire foreign workers and we can help you obtain them. Contact us to discuss which one may be the best choice for your situation.

Student Visa Issues, Extensions of Visas and More.

There are many other situations and questions you may be facing in the arena of Immigration Law. Please contact us to see how we can help.

The constitutional protections, as well as the Bail Reform Act (a federal statute), give a defendant the right to request lower bail when the amount initially set by the court is too high to pay.

Looking for a lawyer to cover your case with integrity and dedication?

Contact us now


    Immigration Law

    what we are best at
    • Family-Sponsored Visa Petitions
    • Adjustment of Status Application
    • Asylum Applications
    • Employment-Based Petitions
    • J-1 Visa Petitions
    • F-1 Student Petitions
    • K Fiance(e) Petitions
    • B (Temporary Visitors) Visas
    • Inadmissibility Cases
    • H-1B Petitions
    • Removal of Conditional Residency Petitions
    • Naturalization Applications
    • Petition for Judicial Review
    • L-1 (Intracompany Transferee) Petitions